There is no need to specify how important the Responsiveness of your website is. However, most search engines, including Google, pay attention to the Responsiveness of a website’s design when ranking it.
User experience is at the heart of any website’s success, and a responsive web design through CSS frameworks is just what can help you achieve that optimum viewing experience of your site.
Through responsive web design, you can adjust, resize, and the overall size of your website’s image and content based on the screen size or the height and the width of the browser.
If you are looking for the most popular framework for pulling off the task, you can use Bootstrap, a modern front-end/UI development framework. However, there are a plethora of other CSS frameworks for you to use.
This article has discussed several CSS frameworks for more responsive designs.
Bootstrap is undoubtedly the best CSS, HTML, and JS framework for resting the most responsive web design. You can create a responsive, mobile-first, and impressive web design using this framework. Bootstrap can be your Guide to a Better Web Design.
Here are what you can expect from Bootstrap–
- Bootstrap helps you with responsive web design.
- It is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework.
- There are more examples and demos to help you start quickly.
- An extensive set of documentation is available.
- Bootstrap 5 has made remarkable changes and upgrades.
With many utility classes, Tailwind is one of the best modern utility-based responsive web design frameworks. The most interesting thing about this tool is that you don’t need to write any CSS to build your responsive website.
But, you need to remember to have a development setup when you are using tailwinds to trim down the final size of the CSS. Otherwise, you will end up with a large CSS file.
Tailwind can help you design eCommerce websites by following all the Rules of Effective Ecommerce Web Design.
- This CSS framework offers truly responsive website design.
- A vast number of utility classes are there to help you out.
- This is a modern utility-based approach to web design
- You can create your website without any CSS writing.
Foundation is a front-end framework for responsive web design developed by a Campbell-based product design company named ZURB. The company has been building web products since 1998, and Foundation is the result of all those years of expertise in the company.
Here are the features –
- There are HTML and CSS UI components.
- Templates, code snippets, buttons, forms, and several other interface components are available.
- You get lots of customization options.
If you want numerous styles out of the box and follow Web Design Trends, then you can use Tachyons. This utility-based CSS library offers many styles and trims down the time for your responsive web design. You don’t have to write lots of CSS when you are using Tachyons.
Some of the best sides of tachyons are as follows–
- It is an utility-based CSS library.
- There is no need to write a lot of CSS when you are using Tachyons.
- You don’t need any additional setup since Tachyons is a lightweight app.
Material Design For Bootstrap
Some of the features of MDB are –
- There is a vast CSS library in MDB.
- You get the core library for free; however, you can pay for more premium plans and pre-made templates.
Another responsive and modern front-end framework for your web design is Materialize. It is one of the most popular web design trends by Google. You get to add several cards, shadows, and animations to your design.
Materialize boasts these features–
- It offers an in-built responsive design.
- This CSS framework is free to use.
- Materialize is a standard CSS with minimal footprints.
Based on Flexbox Bulma, another modern CSS framework, you can look for a more responsive web design. You can create a mobile-first UI with the inbuilt components that this framework provides you. You will love the modern grid system based on Flexbox. Here are some of the features of Bulma–
- The framework is fully responsive.
- You can import what you need for your web design.
- The framework is a modern one with the columns provided by Flexbox
- Bulma is free and is open-source on GitHub
- Milgram is open source
- It is customizable.
- Milligram is a minimalist CSS framework.
- It is also a weightless CSS framework.
When you are in your first phase of building your website, you will need something simple and a lightweight library. For such requirements, you can use this Flexbox-based framework named Spectre.css. This framework has a very mobile-friendly layout.
Here are some of the features of this CSS framework –
- Spectre.CSS is lightweight.
- This framework provides a flexbox-based responsive framework.
Base CSS Framework
If you are looking for a lightweight and minimal framework, then you can look for Base CSS Framework. There are some simple and clean base templates; you can also avail the paid ones. But, when you are just starting your web design, you can use this CSS framework.
Here are some of the features of the Base CSS Framework–
- This tool has a free base starter pack you can check out.
- Base CSS is lightweight.
- There are many ready-made templates for free.
There are several Web Design Software and Tools. But when you look for Responsiveness, there cannot be anything better than Bootstrap, Foundation, milligram, and the ones mentioned here. You can choose from all of these responsive web design tools.
Please let us know which CSS framework you will use among the ones mentioned here.
Alisha Jones is an online entrepreneur by profession and a passionate blogger by heart. She is on a mission to help digital businesses grow online. She shares her journey, insights, and experiences at Online Health Media, Follow The Fashion.