Digitization has become crucial. Companies that don’t understand this stay behind in the completion. It is vital for a business to continuously acclimate to meet the expanding digitization needs of their respective industries. Companies that are still in the beginning stages of their digital transformation can leverage low-code platforms to accomplish their goals.
Low code development platforms are an excellent alternative to manually coding. These platforms are not only simple to work with but also help in accelerating the development process. Low-code platforms provide effective solutions that may be utilized by both more experienced and less experienced teams.
So, if you’re wondering which low-code development platforms you should use, read this article. In this article, we have compiled a list of the finest low-code development platforms to use in 2023. Using these platforms, you can implement digital changes more quickly and effectively.
So, let’s dive in….
Table of Contents
- What exactly does “Low Code Development” entail?
- In What Circumstances Should Low-Code Platforms Be Used?
- 10 BEST LOW-CODE DEVELOPMENT PLATFORMS
- ADDITIONAL LOW-CODE PLATFORMS
But before we get into it, let’s first understand “low code development” in detail. Here we go…
➠ What exactly does “Low Code Development” entail?
The term “low code development” refers to a way of software development that enables programmers to construct applications with a small amount of code more quickly and without the need for extensive coding. Applications should be curated in a way that they can fulfill the specific needs of a company.
The process of digitization can be substantially sped up by low code development, which is especially helpful for companies that are consistently confronted with difficulties in the incorporation of new technology.
Low-code platforms offer a Graphical User Interface for programming, which results in the development of code occurring at an extremely rapid pace and a reduction in the amount of effort traditionally required for programming.
➠ In What Circumstances Should Low-Code Platforms Be Used?
Low code development platforms are used to improve the company’s digital operations. So if you lack IT expertise, low-code platforms come in handy. They make up for the lack of IT expertise and boost your efficiency, all of which are areas in which you might require assistance.
It enables the development of applications that are highly effective and cost-effective. These tools make the process of rapidly developing code easier by reducing the amount of time spent hand-coding. Not only can these platforms aid with coding, but they also help in quickly setting up and deploying applications.
Let’s now take a look at some of the most effective low-code platforms for small and medium-sized organizations.
➠ 10 BEST LOW-CODE DEVELOPMENT PLATFORMS
One of the most successful low-code development platforms available today is OutSystems, which Namesake Company developed.
In addition, the platform is well-equipped with a wide variety of high-quality tools and features that are meant to assist businesses in the process of designing applications in accordance with the particular business demands of the respective firms.
The developers behind OutSystems have packed in a lot more than just real-time reporting features that give complete access control and permission management. They have also included scalable APIs, native support, DevOps automation, monitoring, and speedy deployments of mobile applications.
Key Features of OutSystems:
- You will have an error-free experience deploying your applications regardless of whether they are hosted in the cloud or on-premises.
- You’ll be able to provide scalable applications.
- Offers the most up-to-date protection available for your applications.
- There are real-time performance dashboards.
- Your apps can be incorporated into any system.
It provides a free trial option in addition to three different plans that, depending on the scope and size of the business, could be ideal for the company. The paid plans are as follows:
- Enterprise plan: starts at $6250 per month.
- Universal plan: starts at $15000 per month.
2. Visual LANSA
The low-code development platform provided by LANSA helps your development team become more productive while also facilitating the accelerated and simplified building of enterprise applications.
Visual LANSA will make it possible for professional developers to construct applications in a far shorter amount of time than is possible with traditional coding. Also, developers will have immense control that is significantly more than what is typically seen in low-code platforms.
Key Features of Visual LANSA:
- Effortless creation of desktop, web, and mobile applications using a low-code IDE.
- Ability to create code directly within the integrated development environment (IDE).
- Simple low-code applications that operate on IBMi, Windows, and the web.
- Controls on deployment and integration, in addition to extensive testing.
- Construct applications more quickly, easily, and affordably than with more conventional ways.
- Utilized by thousands of businesses all around the world.
Visual LANSA offers three different pricing options, which are as follows:
- The Entry-Level plan: costs $16.66 per user per month.
- The Mid-tier plan: costs $13.34 per user per month.
- The Enterprise plan: costs $8.34 per user per month.
The low-code development platform offered by ServiceNow is a frontrunner in the industry thanks to the user-friendly and high-quality products it produces.
For the second quarter of 2021, the company was just recognized as a Leader in the Forrester Wave report titled “Low-Code Development Platforms for Professional Developers.”
ServiceNow provides developers with all the necessary sophisticated features, allowing them to create robust, purpose-built apps in a shorter amount of time. You get the leverage to use components such as knowledge management systems, service portals, and so on. The process of designing and implementing specialized solutions with the app is sped up with ServiceNow.
Additionally, the low-code development platform offered by ServiceNow includes an app engine process automation tool. This tool makes it simpler and quicker to automate workflows, which in turn delivers outcomes in a much shorter amount of time.
Key Features of ServiceNow:
- Provides apps, infrastructure, and platforms with hundreds of spokes or connectivity capabilities that may be utilized for custom integration with little to no coding. These capabilities can be accessed using the ServiceNow Connector.
- It offers a collaborative environment in which developers of varying skill levels can work on applications across different departments.
- You’ll need to contact the company for a customized quote.
Retool is yet another wonderful low-code platform for developing internal tools. You can create programs with a visually appealing design that can communicate with any database or API using Retool. Moreover, you can switch to code at almost any location to alter the appearance and behavior of your apps.
Retool allows you to ship more applications and advance your business in a shorter amount of time. Thousands of companies, including Amazon, DoorDash, and Peloton, collaborate using custom-built Retool apps to improve their internal workflows. The construction of internal applications can be sped up significantly with the help of Retool.
Key Features of Retool:
- You get the options for self-hosting, and the cloud is both accessible.
- You can construct the frontends using more than 50 drag-and-drop components.
- Protect your apps using SAML single sign-on and two-factor authentication, as well as more granular access controls and audit logs.
- Integration with a wide variety of well-known data sources.
- You can connect to any resource that provides a REST or GraphQL API.
Pricing for Retool consists of a free developer version and paid plans per seat.
- Retool price: starts at $10.00 per user per month.
- Retool offers a free trial as well.
Creatio is an intelligent platform for low-code development and process management that comes with pre-built solutions and templates out of the box. The Creatio Marketplace offers apps and solutions that are already set up and ready to use, which will increase the capabilities of the platform.
By utilizing this tool, you will be able to speed up the performance of your standard procedures. You’ll be able to manage different kinds of cases and keep track of deadlines with its assistance.
Key Features of Creatio:
- Creatio comes with functions for both administration and protection.
- It offers the industry’s most advanced user interface for visual modeling.
- It offers a BPM engine that can manage both organized and unstructured processes in a flexible manner.
- Automation that requires little to no coding and makes it easy to construct configurable solutions.
- Tools based on artificial intelligence and machine learning speed up corporate processes.
- Using the App Wizard, you will have the ability to create a wide variety of app types.
- It offers capabilities that can help to streamline interactions with customers and speed up service delivery.
- Studio Creatio Enterprise Edition: $25 per user.
6. Zoho Creator
The Zoho Creator is yet another high-quality low-code platform that enables rapid application prototyping and launch within minutes of starting the process. Developers are able to take advantage of a wide variety of services with the assistance of Zoho Creator. Some of these functions include inventory and order management, reporting, and others.
The system is intuitive to operate, welcoming to software developers, cost-effective, and built to stringent safety specifications. The Zoho Creator platform offers a low-code application development environment, which can be used to create enterprise apps.
Along with its three different plan options, the Zoho Creators low code platform also provides users with a free trial. The platform’s cost is also far lower than that of the vast majority of other low-code application development platforms.
As a result, it is ideal for companies with a restricted budget. It enables businesses to construct their own personalized app in the shortest time while also staying within budget.
Key Features of Zoho Creator:
- You can construct more applications with the same amount of effort.
- Help you produce reports that are insightful.
- Collaborate with teams while also connecting the data of your organization.
- Obtain access to mobile applications immediately.
- Complete Security.
Zoho Creator offers different pricing, including free trials. Its pricing options are as follows:
- Professional Version: $12 per month (you can create up to 5 apps)
- Ultimate Version: $205 per month (you can create unlimited apps).
Appian provides enterprises with a robust low-code development platform that enables them to construct and develop their apps through the utilization of application programming interfaces (APIs), templates, and established interfaces.
Appian developers can construct an app in as little as three minutes. It allows for the creation of stunning apps thanks to APIs that are simple to configure, templates that can be customized, and interfaces that are predefined.
In addition, this minimal code platform is loaded with high-quality case management applications and security features of the highest degree. It is an ideal low-code platform for users who have limited prior experience with technology.
Key Features of Appian:
- It delivers AI services local to the platform.
- It integrates without the need for any code with the AI/ML platforms offered by Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- You will have the ability to integrate data, systems, and web services throughout a company without having to write any code.
- Appian offers four different pricing options, including the free version. For paid versions you’ll need to contact the firm to get the custom quote.
Web.com is an excellent low-code platform. You can make a website without having to know how to code using this development platform. You will receive one hundred templates, each of which is organized according to the type of business it serves, in addition to a large number of themes and layout design options.
Also, it allows you to add or delete elements from your website with just the click of a button. Web.com additionally provides capabilities for automatic backup and site restore, which safeguards the website’s data without requiring the user’s participation in any way. The best thing is that it is compatible with the most common content management system platforms, such as WordPress.
You can design simple websites from the start using any of the many user-friendly tools that are provided by Web.com. Using its editors and browsing its template library is as simple as taking a stroll in the park.
If you have not yet established a website through Web.com, you may instantly request assistance from one of their professionals who will establish the website on your behalf from the ground up.
Key Features of Web.com:
- Online Store Creation and Management Featuring a Drag & Drop Editor, Custom Templates, and More
- Free domain name with each package.
- Functionality for automatic site backup and restoration.
- You can even ask for assistance from one of Web.com’s specialists if you discover that the process of creating a website is becoming too overwhelming for you.
- Prices on Web.com start at $1.95 per month for the Starter Package and then increase to $10 per month following the initial month.
9. Salesforce Lightning
Salesforce Lightning is a platform that allows developers to construct mobile applications with increased levels of security. When it comes to app building, you will be able to employ any programming language thanks to the tools provided by Pro-Code.
It provides functionality such as the incorporation of AI and IoT, as well as integration with Salesforce and data from third parties. This low-code platform gives developers the ability to construct apps using both custom and standard components in their creations. In addition to that, it has components that speed up the production process.
Key Features of Salesforce Lightning:
- It allows you to create apps directly from a spreadsheet in real-time.
- It allows you to construct intricate workflows with the assistance of Lightning Process Builder.
- With the help of No-Code builders, developing mobile applications will be a breeze.
- You may generate an app in a matter of seconds using a spreadsheet.
There are three different pricing plans available for the Salesforce Lightning platform:
- The Lightning Platform Starter: costs $25 per user per month
- The Lightning Platform Plus: costs $100 per user per month
- The Heroku Enterprise Starter: You’ll need to contact the firm to get a custom quote.
Mendix is a low-code platform that anyone can use to enhance their business by creating high-quality applications without having to deal with complex coding. Using this low-code platform, you can design apps ranging from simple, time-saving solutions to enterprise-level applications.
This app development platform enables you to create effective, deployable, and successful apps faster. The best thing about this platform is that it supports the building of applications for any device.
Moreover, it offers private cloud, public cloud, and on-premises deployment options. It is a fast application development platform with offline working capabilities. It is easy to adopt and is perfect for anyone.
Key Features of Mendix:
- Versatile project management.
- Visual modeling tools.
- Components can be reused.
- Agile project management.
Prices for Mendix depend on the number of app users. Its Community Edition is available for free. Mendix offers three additional plans, namely.
- Mendix Single App: Costs $1875 per month
- Mendix Pro: Costs $5375 per month
- Mendix Enterprise: Costs $7,825 per month. Enterprise edition additionally includes backup automation and horizontal scaling.
➠ ADDITIONAL LOW-CODE PLATFORMS
AppSheet is an excellent mobile app maker. Designing apps is made much easier with several sample apps, such as barcode scanners and offline access. You may get started without spending any money by using Google Sheets or Excel.
The platform facilitates the development of mobile applications with a sufficient number of features and is simple to operate.
Key Features of AppSheet:
- You will have the ability to build applications that are compatible with several platforms and launch them in real-time.
- You can develop apps such as GPS and mapping systems, image capture, signature capture, and barcode scanner.
- Charts, email notifications, offline access, and the ability to add your own brand are some of the additional features that come with this low-code platform.
AppSheet offers free as well as paid versions. The product can be tried out for free before purchase. The price of AppSheet may be broken down into three different tiers: Premium, Pro, and Business.
- The Premium Plan: Costs $5 for each active user.
- The Pro Plan: Costs $10 per month for each active user.
- The Business Plan: Contact the company for a custom quote.
KiSSFLOW Is Business Process Management And Workflow Software. With this unique low-code platform, you can build bespoke applications and streamline operational procedures in your company.
It offers more than 45 pre-installed applications to create custom business applications. It offers a cloud-based solution that organizations of any size and industry can utilize.
Key Features of KiSSFLOW:
- It eliminates the need for coding.
- You can use the drag-and-drop interface to add and modify fields.
- Tasks and logic can also be constructed using the drag-and-drop feature.
- It will enable the digitization of your forms and requests.
KiSSFLOW offers different pricing options for its customers, including the free version. Its different plans are as follows:
- Standard Edition: Costs $9 per user every month.
- The educational community and other charitable groups are eligible for the discounted pricing plan.
- Also, you can request a custom price for bulk purchases (For more than 100 users).
Putting it all together…
So, these are the best low-code development platforms that you can use in 2023. Aside from these, there are several other low-code platforms available in the market. However, using too many can be perplexing. Hence, we suggest using the ones that are really helpful in your business processes.
Also, it is always recommended to check their features and capabilities before opting for a low-code platform. All of the above outlined low code development platforms are intended to assist you in developing specialized applications that are tailored to your particular business needs. Not only that, but the various pricing plans also constitute an important aspect to take into consideration.
Selecting a low-code development platform that provides a free trial is the best way to determine whether it satisfies your company’s specific needs and performs up to the established standards.
And if all these seem a task to you, we suggest hiring a reputable web development service provider. We at WeeTech can help you streamline your web development and have a seamless experience.
Contact us for more details!