AI is no longer an idea from science fiction books, and it exists everywhere you turn today. Artificial intelligence makes our lives easier in many aspects. But how will AI and mobile application development services affect our future? Here we would like to pay attention to aspects of life that are likely to be different due to this progress.
What jobs will AI replace?
Will AI take away jobs? Such a chance is possible, but not entirely. AI is something that will simplify the work of some professions. But this doesn’t mean it can take away the opportunities for professional growth. Over time, we can adjust to how will artificial intelligence affect jobs, which will help to take the necessary steps.
These steps must be:
- Creation and adaptation of new working positions.
- Learning and providing an opportunity to learn for our employees.
- Accepting the fact of the presence of AI in our lives.
Here are some job positions that use AI help that are being partially replaced now:
Data entry specialists
In the modern world, not only IT development company employees know about this profession. The reason is that more and more companies are adopting AI to process existing data. This procedure facilitates and optimizes the work of the company and allows you to pay attention to other work processes.
Sales are one of the segments that will surely be replaced by robots in the future. The reason lies in the machines’ high ability to analyze customer needs and get solutions to problems. But also note that human help will still be needed for data processing and contact with users.
There are services that help users to proofread and edit their texts. The presence of such an opportunity automatically pushes the importance of human help to the second shelf. Thus, essay proofreaders are on the list of jobs affected by artificial intelligence.
Nowadays, we can watch a unique collaboration between doctors and robots during operations. This fact helps the medicine to develop and become even more accurate. This artificial intelligence’s impact on jobs allows doctors to achieve better results. Partly, the participation of doctors in the process of performing operations is easier now.
The people involved in manufacturing are concerned about their workplaces being automated. Such fears are quite obvious but not entirely correct. Even with automated or partially automated workflow management, human control is still necessary. This profession is one of those that have already adapted and changed the daily workflow. This helps to develop the job market taking into account the participation of robots in it.
Customer support managers
By creating chatbots and 24/7 customer support, many companies make it easier to solve basic user problems. But robots cannot solve problems that go beyond the standard. That is why chatbots data is relevant only at the initial stage of the user’s and the company’s work. Customer support managers will always do problem-solving and create mental contact with customers.
Due to the progress of COVID-19 in recent years, courier services have also appeared among the list of AI-replacing jobs. Companies are developing this opportunity, but it still requires a lot of effort to get closer to the ideal. But remember that using robots and drones to deliver food, medicine, and other items is still not a cheap opportunity for companies.
What jobs won’t AI replace?
When it comes to AI and jobs, it is necessary to understand that human creativity is not limited. Robots are not able to be empathic or show conflict-solving skills. They provide clear data but can’t negotiate.
This means that there is a list of jobs that AI will not replace until humans improve the way the machine works.
So, which of the jobs are the ones that compete with machines?
Human Resource Management Departments
Despite the high performance of machines in creating solutions to problems, this labor market remains with the person. The reason is that only a person can show empathy for another person. This factor is key when it comes to HR managers.
Art that conquers the hearts of people can only be created by a human being. Despite the high abilities of the machines, they cannot leave part of the soul in any kind of creativity. Therefore, such a type of activity as the creation of art objects and books still remains with a person. Artists, writers, musicians as well as other creative people shouldn’t worry about their jobs.
Leadership is a chain of personality activities that ensure the success of work processes. This work requires tremendous mental effort from the person in this position. What makes a leader successful is the ability to make decisions based on the current list of circumstances. Precisely because of the importance of the presence of a mental factor, this profession is not included in the robots taking over jobs list.
3 Things that will take career opportunities to the next level
What is important now is remembering the benefits of having AI in our lives. Machines help industries grow and simplify and save lives right now. At first glance, this prospect seems daunting, and many of us are afraid of changes. But what is right to do so is to adapt to change and create new career opportunities in the job market.
Here are 3 key areas where we need scalable and actionable solutions:
Sustainable economic development
Despite the positive impact on the economy, we must remember that AI does not replace all professions. This is why it is so necessary to create new jobs with the influence of AI. What we can do is use the help of machines to improve productivity in the required areas.
A new era where people work side by side with machines is around the corner. The pandemic has taught companies to change quickly in response to circumstances. And our task now is to learn the necessary lessons and be ready for the blows of external circumstances.
Focus on human capital
Companies investing in human capital should receive more benefits from the government. Here we need help with providing people with tax breaks and training employees in order to be able to see the progress.
How to prepare for a robotic future as an employer?
It is very important that employees take a proactive approach to their teams:
- Training and professional development. Exactly this will help to avoid wasting resources on hiring new employers.
- Investments in creating new professions. That is the way we can get working places for artificial intelligence future jobs.
- Robots should work side by side with humans to complement their capabilities. The work needs to be divided into parts: automatic and requiring human participation.
Remember: the career market is completely dependent on us. It is we who come up with professions and responsibilities that help us achieve our goals. That means it is within our power to provide people with jobs that they will be able to perform.
How to prepare for a robotic future as a worker?
Our world is facing a new industrial revolution with jobs replacement. It is important to focus on those new skills that will allow us to remain qualified specialists and develop careers. The World Economic Forum presents 10 skills that are crucial in our century:
- Emotional intelligence: We’ve already mentioned that machines do not have empathy. Which means they can’t replace people in emotionally based jobs.
- Negotiation: Only a human being can take into account all existing factors. Considering the mental aspect, only we can achieve unique solutions to problems.
- Decision-making and judgment: Machines can analyze huge scopes of data. But they don’t have specific skills that are necessary for making decisions.
- Flexibility: The ability of our brain to adapt to the changes is crucial now, and it will surely be important in the next few years.
- Critical thinking: Human beings are creatures capable of perceiving and analyzing information from various sources. Our mindset and moral factors help us to be critical.
- People management: Robots are helpful functions, but it is obvious that they can’t run companies and manage people.
- Creative thinking: Here it is necessary to mention creativity. AI creates things based on data, while humans leave part of the soul in their creations.
- Teamwork: The more complex and dynamic our environment becomes, the more coordination is required.
- Service. Chatbots are capable of providing partial services. But a personal approach in such a situation is still impossible.
- Problem-solving. People who have a vision in the principle of solving problems will always be in demand in business.
Robots are here, and they are already changing our world for the best. But it depends only on humankind how we’ll use the technology. But this fact should not cause fear and apprehension. The ability to adapt to change is what will help us work productively with AI in order to grow globally and personally.